Musical Theater Program’s Director Chris Brick

Hofstra Summer Camps Musical Theater program

Chris Brick guides the campers through a rehearsal.

Chris Brick, director of Hofstra Summer Camp’s Musical Theater program, has been at Hofstra for 15 years!  “Hofstra is the perfect place to get involved in theater,” Brick said. “I started as a camper and made my way up to a director. It’s a great way for kids to express themselves and spend time with kids who want to do the same. Plus, who doesn’t love singing show tunes all day??”

Hofstra Summer Camp’s Musical Theater program allows kids to learn the ins-and-outs of the Broadway world while singing, dancing and acting. “Our campers levels range from beginners to kids who currently audition for Broadway shows,” said Brick. “It’s an excellent program because of that — whether your comfortable on stage already and are looking to advance your skills, or are new to the stage and are looking to come out of your shell, we want to work with you!”

The camp pulls its material from traditional musical theater to musicals currently on Broadway to even pop/rock songs on the radio. Naturally, this program is Brick’s favorite in camp. “We’re completely inclusive to all children and encourage everyone to shine through their own talents,” said Brick. “Plus, our theater is air conditioned!”

When not at camp,Brick is an actor and teacher. “I audition regularly in the city for Broadway, national tours, regional theater, etc. And when not auditioning, I teach dance at my studio in Plainview called, Beyond The Stage.”

Chris Brick of Hofstra Summer Camp's Musical Theater program

Chris Brick

Favorite Quote: 

Jim Parsons said it best: “Theater was my first love. I can’t take the theater out of me. And I wouldn’t want to. To me, it’s home.”

Favorite Role:

None, but “I would say that I really love creating a character from scratch in new musicals!”

Find out more about Hofstra Summer Camp’s Musical Theater program HERE